ahs online elementary!
Coming fall 2022—AHS Online Elementary will include all the wonderful Family School courses thousands of families have come to love, but adapted for student-led and parent-facilitate learning—PLUS, our very own PreK–6 math and language arts curriculum! A pilot version will be refined throughout the 2021/22 school year and launched publicly for the 2022/23 school year. Every course will be designed to effectively engage self-learners of all ages with a proprietary learning platform, which will also keep parents highly connected and informed. AHS Online Elementary will not only be for student-led learning, however, and will include options for the following important connection, mentoring, and support.
- Classroom Experience: Each day, students meet online with their very own class of students from all around the world. This experience, alone, is enough to love AHS Online Elementary!
- “StudentGo” Flipped Class: Classroom time will be focused on discussion, further exploration, project work, and collaboration; while teacher instruction is provided via engaging and uplifting “StudentGo” teacher videos (more below)!
- Math and Language Arts: Besides the daily rotation of history, literature, science, geography, art, and music, students may attend teacher-led math labs, reading labs (K–2) or writing labs (3–6).
- One-on-One Mentoring: Parents and students will have access to the highest levels of private support, if needed. AHS Online Coaches will provide parents with regular updates and recommendations and students with private mentoring, feedback, and encouragement.
StudentGo Flipped Class!
Coming fall 2022—The core pedagogy of every AHS Online Elementary course is the “Flipped Class.” A flipped class blends highly engaging video instruction and interactive assessments with a live discussion and classroom experience. This beautiful blend of student-governed learning and instructor-facilitated discussion and student connection is what makes AHS Online Elementary truly innovative and effective for busy homeschool moms (and dads). We call it StudentGo, and you will be amazed at how eager children will be to learn, complete projects, and share their experiences with parents and other students. They will develop the tools and desire to make self-education a life-long pursuit! All StudentGo Flipped courses will be provided within an exciting new learning platform including the following.
- Comprehensive, research-based math and language arts.
- Interactive, video-rich lessons for all specialty subjects, math, and language arts.
- Live, online class discussions, teacher mentoring, and student sharing.
- Adaptive assessments, quizzes, and tests for all subjects and levels.
- Live, online math, writing, and reading labs.
- Parent dashboard with reports for all children.
- Complete family school organizer with teaching calendar and tools.
- Printable grade cards and graduation certificates.
- And much more!
We are excited to announce the pilot for our new AHS Online Middle & High programs! Beginning August 25, 2020, students will be able to participate in a fully accredited, diploma-granting path through American Heritage School. Unlike most others, this is NOT a “go-it-alone,” independent study experience (although we provide that, too). AHS Online Middle & High includes a full, online school with live classes, 1-on-1 teacher/student consultation, feedback on assignments, and social experiences outside of class!
Each week, students meet online with their class and teacher for each course. Additionally, students can schedule one-on-one math support—daily if they need it. Every student receives a one-on-one consultation every other week with each of their teachers. Students will enjoy the high-touch, high-impact education formerly available only to on-campus students—one that has been academically refined over 50 years—that deepens faith, molds character, and strengthens a love of the providential founding of America. View the FAQs →
For the past seven years AHS Online has been offering several courses for students to complete independently (Independent Study) on FamilySchoolOnline.org. These courses have been very useful for many families to complement their children’s educational experience while earning credit and transcripts for each course successfully completed, and they are still available to FamilySchoolOnline.org members.
As we develop the new AHS Online diploma-granting courses for 7–12, we are discontinuing the accredited services formerly provided for these Family School independent study courses. All accredited services for middle and high school independent study credit are now provided for courses provided in the new AHS Online Middle/High program. Additionally, students can register and complete courses a-la-carte and at their own pace, while still receiving grading, feedback, and one-on-one coaching from our Learning Coaches.