Coming fall 2021—The teacher-led AHS Online experience for K–6 is everything the [student-led] experience includes, plus three important additions.
- Classroom Experience: Students will meet online with a class at their level. Class size will be capped at 24.
- Math and Language Arts: Besides the daily rotation of history, literature, science, geography, art, and music, students will attend a teacher-led math lab, followed by a reading lab (K–2) or writing lab (3–6).
- One-on-One Mentoring: Each week, students will have a private consultation with an AHS Online teacher to discuss their work, receive encouragement and feedback, set goals, and work on any specific needs. Parents are encouraged to attend these mentoring sessions.
The teacher-led AHS Online experience for K–6 is the most high-touch and school-supported experience for online students. It approaches the feel and structure of a physical private school and prepares the student for the rigor of the AHS Online middle and high school experiences. Projected cost is $189/month per student. Students attend school for about 2.5 hours/day (Monday–Friday).
AHS Online for K–6 is designed for parents who need or want to be connected to their child’s schooling but not as the full-time teacher.
Coming fall 2021—The student-led AHS Online experience for K–6 is the most exciting development at AHS Online since its debut in 2012! Here’s just some of what is planned, with more detail to be discussed during the Annual Spring Retreat in April 2021:
- Interactive, video-rich lessons for history, literature, science, art, and music.
- Live, online class discussions, teacher mentoring, and student sharing.
- Interactive, video-rich math with auto-graded assessments, quizzes, and tests.
- Live, online math, writing, and reading labs.
- Comprehensive, research-based language arts.
- Parent dashboard with reports for all children.
- Complete family school organizer with teaching calendar and tools.
- Printable grade cards and graduation certificates.
- And much more!
The student-led AHS Online experience for K–6 will be a cost-effective enrollment option for families—as little as $20/month per student. Children will receive an academically rich and socially connected experience.
AHS Online for K–6 is designed for parents who need or want to be connected to their child’s schooling but as not the full-time teacher.
We are excited to announce AHS Online for all middle and high school students! Beginning this fall, August 25, 2020, students will be able to participate in a full-accredited, diploma-granting path through American Heritage School. Unlike most others, this is NOT a “go-it-alone” program! This is a full online school with live classes and personal attention.
Each week, students meet online with their class and teacher for every course. Students can schedule one-on-one math support—daily if they need it. Every student receives one-on-one consultation each week with their teachers for each class. Students will enjoy the high-touch, high-impact education formerly available only to on-campus students—one that is academically refined over 50 years—that deepens faith, molds character, and strengthens a love of the providential founding of America.
View the FAQs →
For the past seven years AHS Online has been offering several student-led individual courses for students to complete independently. These courses have been very useful for many families to complement their children’s educational experience while earning credit and transcripts for each course successfully completed. As we develop the new AHS Online diploma-granting courses for 7–12, we are discontinuing the accredited services formerly provided for these student-led courses.
We will resume the popular student-led AHS Online accredited services at the beginning of the 2021/22 school year. Students will be able to purchase the new AHS Online courses a-la-carte and complete them for credit at their own pace receiving grading, feedback, and one-on-one coaching from our Learning Coaches.